Optics 1, Inc., a Vectronix Group Company is a technology leader in the design,
development, and production of Integrated Electro-optical Systems for commercial and government applications. Leveraging our multi-disciplined engineering expertise in optics,
electronics, software and mechanics, OPTICS 1, Inc is able to design and deliver state-of-the-art electro-optical integrated systems. Our company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer, reporting directly to the Director of Operations, to join our dynamic,
fast paced organization located in Manchester, NH.
General Job Description:
The position of Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes within the define scope of the position.
Primary responsibility and duties include:
- Develops, evaluate and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabricate processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality standards.
- Supports all non-conformity activities, from supplying the proper data to Engineers to direct disposition of parts when appropriate.
- Develop work flow and work instructions to manufacture product.
- Propose and develop rework or repair to expedite part disposition and allow parts to flow.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Confers with management , engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Assure that tooling calibrations are up to date and that work instructions are accurate.
- Requires the ability to comply with documented standards.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or engineering technology field preferred
- Majority of time to be spent on the production floor working with equipment/ processes and associates to improve efficiency.
- Advance level-Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with lean manufacturing and /or 6 Sigma techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a wide range of manufacturing process including Bonding (RTV’s, Loctite’s etc. ) hardware assemblies, wiring , basic electrical testing, Optical assemblies
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player when required.
- No less than 3 years’ experience preferred.
- Travel required: Some required
OPTICS 1 offers a full benefit package, plus a competitive salary.
Optics 1 is an equal opportunity employer.