Job Title: Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Lead
Job Status: Full Time
EHIM is looking for a bright, experienced Data Warehousing/BI expert to spearhead our ever-evolving needs for self-service data and better analytical tools. The successful candidate will take ownership of EHIM’s Data Warehouse (using SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) and continue to expand and grow the product.
The role will also have DBA responsibilities for various SQL Server databases.
Candidates must have experience data warehousing technologies and business intelligence, strong project management skills, great business acumen and the ability to communicate to both business and technology stakeholders.
The successful candidate will spend the majority of his/her time on data warehousing and business intelligence but will also spend time on DBA responsibilities.
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Support the existing data warehouse and continue to expand the functionality by incorporating additional fields and data elements.
- Investigate, recommend and deploy new tools and technologies which will give our users additional capabilities to analyze their data.
- Create and expand business intelligence through the creation of dashboards for key users.
- Will provide overall ownership and accountability for all corporate databases
- Analyze database performance; identify queries and procedures for tuning and optimization to achieve immediate performance improvements.
- Improve upon and refine database development processes and standards including code review and deployment procedures and implement these processes.
- Audit database security approach and recommend best practices.
- Audit database server configurations and recommend improvements.
- Provide support and on-call coverage for database issues and provide resolutions.
- Plan, organize, implement and maintain multiple database environments, both production and development
- Work with internal parties and vendors to plan, design, and implement information technology solutions, providing expertise in areas including Data Warehousing, Backup/Recovery Strategies, Performance Tuning, Data Migration and Archiving, Security, and Capacity Planning
- Implementation of database monitoring/management tools and policies
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system
- Work to ensure high resilience of the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes
- Provide on call coverage to support production database problem determination/resolution
- Optimize database performance by analyzing and tuning stored procedures, triggers, creating indexes and views, create scripts to automate database maintenance procedures and to generate system reports.
- Create, improve and formalize database standards and policies.
- Keep abreast of new database technology developments and design techniques.
- Assist and mentor other members of the team.
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years or more experience with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Strong DBA skills including knowledge of optimization and tuning techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server high-availability features such as replication, clustering and mirroring.
- Ability to work with all technical teams including hardware operations, software operations, and application development.
- Client-focused attitude and a strong business acumen that drives well-reasoned recommendations and decisions
- Knowledge of Oracle, ideally on a Linux platform, a plus.
EHIM is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, genetic characteristics and any other factor protected by law.