Retail Sales Leader
Location: Clarksdale, MS, 38614
The Retail Sales Leader directs, supervises and coordinates sales & operational activities in their assigned locations as directed by the Area Sales & Operations Manager. The Retail Sales Leader ensures customers have a quality in-store experience. The Retail Sales Leader also plays a key role in coaching, developing and motivating associates, while maintaining a personal selling focus in the store. Under strict supervision of the Area Sales & Operation Manager, the Retail Sales Leaders will assist with managing, hiring and training associates at their assigned locations. This position will report to and assist the Area Sales & Operations Manager, and the Director of Sales & Operations and other Corporate Management when necessary.
Areas of Responsibility/Duties: The Retail Sales Leader responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sales and Employees:
- Meet and exceed personal sales quotas
- Achieve and exceed all store sales targets, operational objectives, and accelerators
- Conduct daily quick connect meetings with all team members, monthly review and recognition store meetings, Attend, and participate in all meetings and conference calls as required by management.
- Set daily, weekly and monthly sales goals for employees and develop plans for meeting all targets. Set plan of action for take away items, a clear timeline for follow-up, and handle any necessary discipline as a result of the plan.
- Ensure that all employees see the sales reporting on a daily basis and use the reporting to coach, train, and lead, sales associates to exceed their sales targets on a daily basis.
- Maintain white boards in the back of the store and use them as tools to challenge and motivate employees. Can be used for coaching as well as friendly competition.
- Communicate all sales initiatives, procedural changes, carrier & Company policy changes, and any corporate or sales training to your team effectively, completely, and efficiently.
- Live the NewWave Link Mission Statement every day and ensure that all team members are holding each other accountable to the Mission Statement
- Ensure that the AT&T Retail Promise, 6 Step Sales Process, and 5 KEY BEHAVIORS are being followed by all sales associates with every customer every time. If the behaviors are not being followed adequately the Retail Experience Manager is to perform documented coaching and take the proper corrective action.
- Ensure that every Retail Sales Associate provides “above and beyond” assistance to all customers whether or not they are making a purchase. (Taking customers to vehicles with umbrellas, downloading apps, carrying packages, etc.)
- Ensure that every customer feels that they have received an Extraordinary Experience in your store & would recommend your store and your team to their friends and family. If a customer does not feel that their experience was not up to par the Retail Sales Leader should talk to the customer about what we need to do make their experience extraordinary and do whatever they can to make sure it is involving the appropriate members of management.
- Ensure that all CSS’s, contracts, invoices, rebates, promotions, etc. are explained to each customer, that their new device is set up completely, and that we have answered all of the customers questions about their purchase.
- Ensure that all customer complaints, issues, and problems past and present which could lead to a poor experience are addressed and resolved to your customers complete satisfaction
- Ensure that every customer’s expectations are understood and met and that we have EARNED the customer’s complete satisfaction and asked for referrals to drive high CES scores and repeat business.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Retail Sales Associates, with the approval of their Area Sales Manager.
- Be responsible for the on-boarding, orientation, and training of new employees.
- Ensure that all New Wave Link training and AT&T online and classroom training has been completed by all store employees. Coordinate with the Area Manager and AT&T RAE to schedule required classroom training.
- Train all RSAs how to demonstrate all live devices on display and incorporate the demonstration into their sales process to maximize their value as a sales tool. Also ensure that rep’s that carry a qualified device have set up apps and have specific features they can demonstrate for customers to show the value of the device & operating system
- Train & assist all Retail Sales Associate’s with the management of their commission and commission disputes
- Ensure that employees have read and follow all policies, procedures, and adherence to the NewWave Employee Handbook.
- Report all gross misconduct to the Area Manager immediately for direction on how to proceed.
- Creates and maintains the employee schedule a minimum of 4 weeks in advance for your store
- Adhere to and ensure that all AT&T’s and the company’s fraud guidelines are followed.
- Develop and execute promotional activities. Have community involvement, including Chamber of Commerce events, service organizations, community events, company table days, trade shows, print and distribute flyers and be creative!
- Assist Team Members with finding solutions for Small Business Customers that come into the store by offering assistance with special equipment and rate plan pricing. Train all Team Members how to add FAN discounts to business accounts, how to prospect for new business accounts, how to host a successful table day, and get your store involved in any local events to draw new business customers to NewWave.
- Make certain store opens and closes on time each day and is properly staffed according to sales activity and seasonal trends.
- Make certain that daily store maintenance is performed such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning windows, replacing light bulbs, removing trash. Both the sales floor and the rear of the store should be clean and neat.
- Ensure that the bank night deposit is made daily without fail
- Resolve all cash over and short issues immediately and report results to the Finance department and Area Sales Manager
- Troubleshoot any facilities issues, i.e. heat, air, lighting, signage, plumbing or mechanical issues and schedule repairs through SOS when issues arise. Follow all issues until they are resolved.
- Ensure that all computer and I.T. equipment is working properly and schedule service through SOS when issues arise. Follow all issues until they are resolved.
- Troubleshoot and assist in the correction of any computer and POS issues, coordinating this with SOS and the I.T. department.
- Be the first point of contact for all corporate departments in the event that any operational issues arise.
Inventory and Merchandising:
- Perform inventory counts at least weekly, or as directed by the Inventory Department. Report the results to the inventory department and address any issues with missing items immediately. Report all missing items to your Area Manager & Inventory Manager.
- Perform the weekly accessory order approval, monitor the accessory and phone levels to ensure proper stocking levels, and ensure that the phones are sold in the order in which they were received.
- Ensure that incoming merchandise is received timely and accurately into RQ4 and that any discrepancies are reported to the inventory department and addressed immediately.
- Ensure that all returned handsets and accessories have the proper paperwork attached, are classified properly for AT&T, and are shipped to the warehouse on a weekly basis, or as instructed by the inventory department. Ensure that the proper restocking & processing fees are collected by Retail Sales Associates when necessary
- Ensure that all inter-company inventory transfers are performed promptly and correctly.
- Maintain store merchandising according to the New Wave Store Planogram.
- Ensure that all live devices on display are properly secured, maintained, and that they are equipped with “AT&T Device Alive” to ensure their proper demonstration to customers.
- Be responsible for display, tracking, daily verification of any live devices on display, and send back all live devices back to AT&T when the inventory department sends EOL notification.
- Refresh and inspect your stores merchandising daily to ensure that all current AT&T and company promotions are being displayed, there are no empty hooks on the sales floor, and that all live devices can be easily used to demonstrate the latest applications and features to customers
- Apply common sense and understanding in carrying out instructions and following policies.
- Personally handle all customer complaints and involve your Area Manager if the solution you need to provide to ensure the customers complete satisfaction is beyond your realm of responsibility or ability
- Deal with problem solving and decision making in a logical manner, involving the appropriate management or other employees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience – High School Diploma with experience in the Wireless Industry preferred, with 6 months to a year of supervisory experience; internal company experience of at least 1 year if promoted from within NewWave Link, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write and review routine contracts and correspondence. Must have the ability to speak professionally and effectively before customers and associates.
Math Ability: Basic Math Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as add subtract for pricing, discounts, plan rates, and deposit calculations.
Reasoning Ability: Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have the ability to deal with customer complaints. Follow instruction, read, and interpret documents for operating, training and disseminating to other associates.
Computer Skills: Must have an above average ability to execute the functions of all office software suites, learn & be able to quickly navigate our POS software, and must understand how to use all office hardware.
Hours of Work and Supervision: This position is based on a schedule set by the Area Sales Manager, working a minimum of 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to meet objectives as defined in the job description. The hours and supervision of this position are to be assigned by the Area
Sales Manager and/or Regional Sales Manager. Schedules are Sunday through Saturday with rotating days and hours but may vary to meet business needs.
REM’s are required minimum of two Saturdays per month and close the store three nights per week.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a hourly based position with monthly commission.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits ( paid time off, medical/dental and more!)
- Advancement Opportunities