Senior Software Engineer
(Waltham, MA – Headquarters)
- Affinnova is one of the world’s fastest growing marketing technology companies, with a 500% growth rate over the past five years and 200 talented employees worldwide.
- We are fundamentally transforming the way brands innovate and market their products and services. Powered
- by optimization algorithms and predictive analytics and insight, our technology platform dramatically improves innovation and marketing success rates, helping companies increase the effectiveness of products, advertising and designs by more than 50%.
- Led by the strength of our technology platform, Affinnova has gained significant momentum across both large and mid-sized enterprises including such Global Fortune 500 companies as Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Pfizer and Bank of America.
- Thanks to our explosive global growth, we are adding new offices across the U.S., Europe and Asia. We are also expanding our technology across all industries from consumer packaged goods and life sciences to financial services, retail/e-commerce and consumer electronics.
How would you like to be on the ground-floor of developing web applications that literally revolutionize the way companies innovate and market their products? Affinnova is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join its Waltham, Mass. office. If you eat, sleep and breathe technology – like we do – and you want to work in an environment that gives you freedom to explore, learn and play, then this is the right place for you.
Benefits of the position:
- Join a small, close-knit team of fun loving, brilliant and talented engineers who share a passion for collaboration and developing great technology.
- Work on cool, cutting-edge applications that will be used by some of the largest brands in the world and have a high impact on the company’s success.
- Advance your professional growth by attending conferences and accessing online learning programs all paid for by the company.
- Have the freedom to operate without hierarchy, rules or red tape.
- Be part of a fast growing company where talented people rise quickly and the opportunities to move around and get promoted are endless.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Design and architect new single-page web applications
- Develop and maintain key system features
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to advance our SaaS platform and grow our business
- Be part of a collaborative team that will lead projects from beginning to end– from working with product management to gather requirements to brainstorming solutions, building the final applications and testing
Affinnova believes in maintaining a work culture free from hierarchy, red tape and extra layers of management. This position will report directly to the Head of Global Engineering (Vice President of Engineering), who reports directly to the CEO.
CANDIDATE PROFILE &AND REQUIRED SKILLS
We are seeking a person who combines that rare cross between being analytical and smart, while also showing the ability to be creative and come up with big ideas.
Here are some of the specific abilities and skills the ideal candidate will have:
- Super Smart – Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding across different industries, products, technologies, disciplines etc.
- Passionate About Technology – Reads extensively about technology, stays up on the latest trends, attends meet ups with other software engineers and developers
- Team-Oriented – Comfortable working in a team of highly-qualified, technical and motivated employees
- Flexible and Resourceful – Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day and necessity is the mother of invention
- Innovative – Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance
- Pragmatic – Does not reinvent the wheel once something works and figures out how to scale processes and practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicator – Effective at verbal and written communication – can translate complex ideas simply
- Collaborative – Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Past experience with web technologies is nice – but not a must have at Affinnova. In fact, some of our best people have come to us with little experience, but have grown on the job to become web application wizards. If you have the raw talent – and the right attitude – we will invest in your personal development and give you a support network to help you reach your full potential.
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES ARE NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Server side frameworks, such as Grails, Spring
- Version control, such as Git, Mercurial and Bazaar.
- Relational databases or NoSQL
- Free bagels every Friday – and plenty of free coffee every day
- Reimbursement for attending conferences and professional development training
- Access to free online learning courses
- Annual “hackathons” with prizes
- Casual work environment and dress code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant engineering from a reputable school
- G.P.A of 3.5 or above
Affinnova is an equal opportunity employer.