Loan Production Region Manager – Amherst / Perrysburg
Come Join Our Growing Team!
Responsible for the effective operation of all Loan Production Offices located within the designated region, including loan origination, production and supervision of assigned staff. Establishes and maintains successful builder and realtor relationships and develops a high quality, high production mortgage loan operation. Originates one-to-four (1-to-4) family residential mortgage loans and cross-sells other products within FFL’s geographic lending area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for meeting established production goals and budget projections. Maintains a high volume and quality loan production operation. Develops departmental goals and strategies for approval which support production goals of the designated Region. Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness of the programs and recommends change as needed.
- Ensures that loan solicitations and decisions are within established standards appropriate to the loan type. Monitors origination activity for compliance and assures appropriate records are maintained. Ensure compliance at within the designated region for all lending procedures including bank and/or regulatory procedures, policies, requirements, laws, rules, and/or regulations. Follow existing lending procedures and make suggestions for improvements to procedures.
- Assures that the LPO’s within the region are properly staffed and that staff is properly trained, evaluated and scheduled to appropriately meet work load and production requirements. Delegates authority effectively and develops a cohesive mortgage production team. Ensures FFL policies and procedures, and related laws and regulations are followed within the Loan Production Region. Provides training, guidance and supervision for staff and dedicated outside originators within the region. Makes recommendations to Human Resources regarding potential DOOs to join the region.
- Originates one-to-four (1-to-4) family residential loans: interviews loan applicants and analyzes customers’ financial status and earnings to determine most appropriate mortgage loan program. Analyzes more complex personal, partnership and corporate tax returns, including attached schedules. Makes preliminary determination of applicant’s credit worthiness and has authority to issue prequalification statement of borrowers’ eligibility.
- Responds to customer/contact inquiries regarding the association's loan products and customer's applications. Provides advice and service to loan applicants requesting mortgage loan information. May coordinate interim and long-term financing for new construction projects of 1-4 family residences working with appropriate FFL lenders/managers. Cross-sell and keep up-to-date on the association's entire product line including both lending and savings products.
- Keep up-to-date on government regulations and the association's policies and procedures regarding lending. Understand the lending division's procedures for processing, underwriting and escrowing mortgage loans and ensure region response to other staff's inquiries regarding loan applications. Ensure lending compliance with all origination procedures including bank and/or regulatory procedures, policies and/or requirements. Follow existing lending procedures and make suggestions for improvements to procedures.
- Represent FFL in the community and at real estate industry function to identify, develop and promote additional business; Call on key existing and prospective customers, realtors, builders and other related businesses to establish relationships for the benefit of FFL business development. Project a positive image of the association. Where applicable within the region, may promote the association's CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) loan program to real estate agents in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods within the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field, or six years experience as a mortgage lending loan officer or comparable experience including management of a mortgage lending operation.
- Detailed knowledge of FHA/VA, FNMA and other investor lending programs
- Knowledge of Underwriting Guidelines & Loan Documentation, and Government Lending Regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use a lap-top computer and to drive within FFL’s geographic lending area.
- Available to work regular hours Monday through Friday plus evenings & weekends.
The individual accepting this position is required to sign an employment contract which states the guidelines on compensation & performance. This individual would be considered an exempt, contracted employee with mandated benefits (Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment & Workers Compensations) and would NOT be eligible to participate in certain employee benefit programs. An employment-at-will relationship exists.