Early Childhood Assistant Instructor (8:30am-2:30pm)
Posting Information: Part Time
Oversees the educational activities within the classroom. Provides a healthy, safe, and developmentally appropriate program and environment where children have the opportunity to develop social, emotional, language, intellectual, and physical skills. Respects and supports the family in its efforts to raise their child to become a well-rounded individual.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports social and emotional development of program participants and provides positive guidance.
- Advances physical and intellectual competence of program participants.
- Ensures a well-run, purposeful program responsive to children’s needs.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment and other related duties as assigned.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be confident and articulate when challenged and able to act as a professional ally of parents.
- Must be able to take initiative, produce work independently, and act on behalf of a team.
- Must be able to speak in front of groups of various sizes and ages.
- Must have the ability to establish positive and productive relationships with co-workers, children and families
Education & Experience:
- Completion of all state-required early childhood training classes (40 hours) required.
- First Aid and CPR certification required.
- CDA credential must be earned within first year of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a child care setting.
- Expectation to continue formal education training and stay current with developments in profession.
- Minimum of twenty-five (25) in-service hours.
You must be able to lift 50 pounds, play actively with children on their level, bend over, stand for extensive periods of time, move quickly when necessary, and work and move outside in the typical Florida climate, at times temperatures exceeding 90 degrees