- Perform set up of injection molding presses, sonic welders, and assembly equipment. Assist in new mold validation.
- Perform the physical set up of injection molds.
- Set up the injection molding cycle based on recorded data for the subject mold and press
- Perform physical set up of sonic welding nest and horns.
- Set up the sonic welding cycle based on recorded data.
- Set up assembly equipment for assembly operations.
- Assist in determining acceptable production cycles.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform equipment set ups in accordance with ISO procedures and complete associated ISO documentation.
- Service molds, injection molding machines and support equipment.
- Upon completion of set ups provide QA with sample product for evaluation.
- Trouble shoot production molds and equipment and make necessary cycle adjustment to assure acceptance of product.
- Perform regular and special maintenance on molds and equipment in accordance with ISO procedures.
- When not performing mold tech duties, perform production operator duties.
- Previous injection molding experience and previous set up of injection molds and presses.
- Knowledge of injection mold design, construction and the ability to disassemble and assemble.
- Familiarity with various inspection tools and methods a PLUS.
- Some computer skills preferred.
- Familiarity with GMP and ISO quality systems a PLUS.
- Attentive to details required in the set up and operation of injection molds, presses, support equipment, sonic welders, and assembly equipment.
- Ability to follow instruction both written and verbal.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. several times per shift.
- Manual dexterity required to handle, sort, assemble, package small parts.
- Ability to use tools required to install molds, service molds and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- General math skills including the basic understanding of the metric system.
- Completion of an apprentice program in injection molding, trade school or military training in mechanical systems a PLUS.
- Must have English language skills.