Mandiant seeks Malware Analysis Consultants with strong reverse engineering and malware analysis skills, programming capability, and sound written and verbal communication skills. Malware Analysis Consultants will have the opportunity to support Mandiant business operations, such as Incident Response, by dissecting malware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform malware analysis on various file formats including malicious documents and executables
- Contribute to R&D efforts in the field of malware analysis and support the company’s research efforts
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Teach Malware Analysis Classes - if desired
- Ability to reverse engineer x86 and x64 binaries
- Understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques
- Strong knowledge of tools used for malware analysis including:
- IDA Pro Disassembler
- Windows-based user-mode and kernel-mode debuggers
- Visual Studio
- Hex editors
- Run-time analysis tools
- Virtualization software
- Network analysis tools
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
Desired Technical Skills
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including:
- C, C++, .NET, and Delphi
- Strong understanding of Windows Internals
- Comprehensive understanding of common Windows APIs
- Ability to analyze shellcode
- Understanding of software exploits
- Ability to analyze packed and obfuscated code
- Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis tasks
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Experience developing applications in C, C++, and .NET
- Thorough understanding of network protocols
- Understanding of how to identify host and network indicators for detection
Education and Other Requirements
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Must be eligible to work indefinitely in the U.S.
- Associate: Reverse engineer most common malware encountered in incident response investigations.
- Consultant: Reverse engineer most common malware. Develop tools to improve malware analysis processes and capabilities.
- Senior: Support and mentor less experienced malware analysts. Reverse engineer common malware and more complex malware. Perform research and development to improve malware analysis capabilities.
- Principal: Support, direct, and mentor less experienced malware analysts. Reverse engineer common malware and the most advanced malware. Identify the need for new tools and processes used in malware analysis. Perform advanced research and development to improve malware analysis capabilities.
- Alexandria, VA
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
*Mandiant does not sponsor employment-based visas.