C.N.A. Skilled Nursing Part-time
Oak Hammock at the University of Florida is no ordinary retirement community. We have totally reinvented the concept by creating an innovative community focused on lifelong learning, fitness and health. Situated in a picturesque, resort-style environment, enhanced by intellectual stimulation and interesting neighbors, and energized by our unique university affiliation, Oak Hammock is a retirement destination where life, learning and nature meet.
We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. Do you appreciate working with others as a team to provide the very best care in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a high level of energy? Are you flexible and reliable? If yes, then we need to talk! Our residents look forward to the best care and that starts with you!
As an organization poised for additional growth, we offer many different career paths to help you achieve your professional goals. So refer a friend and receive a referral bonus. You can help us build a great team. We are seeking experienced long-term care CNAs to provide care for our members under the supervision of an LPN.
- C.N.A. participates in admitting and discharging of members to include, but not limited to: Greet and escort members to their room and introduce to HP staff, store clothing and assist members in becoming acclimated to their room and the Health Pavilion
- C.N.A. ensures compliance with all current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern long term care facilities
- C.N.A. ensures work assignments are performed within acceptable nursing standards
- C.N.A. is aware of the member’s care plans and report all complaints and grievances made by member to the appropriate person
- C.N.A. assures that appropriate, informative and descriptive information is communicated to shift nursing personnel to include, but not limited to: report all accident/incidents involving members; report unauthorized discharges in accordance with established department procedures; report all discrepancies noted concerning established member care
- C.N.A. creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift
- Requests assigned members nursing reports from Charge Nurse upon reporting for duty
- C.N.A. assists members with daily hygiene to include, but not limited to: dental and mouth care; bath functions; dressing/undressing; hair and nail care; shave members; bladder and bowel functions; assisting with meal selections and consumption when necessary
- Records usage of ancillary/medical equipment for members in order to ensure proper billing as per current system
- C.N.A. assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting members into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts and other items
- Assists members to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed
- C.N.A. makes beds, change bed linens and place extra covers on beds as requested
- Positions bedfast members in correct and comfortable position
- Performs assigned services to include, but not limited to: obtain sputum, urine and other specimens; take and record TPR and blood pressure; apply non-sterile warm/cold compresses; measure and weigh members; care of the dying
- C.N.A. performs special nursing care functions to include, but not limited to:
Observe and report early signs of bedsores; indwelling catheter care; tepid sponge baths; back rubs and turn bedfast members at least every two hours
- Assists members in meals and food service to include, but not limited to: serve food trays and assist with feeding as needed; prepare members for meals and perform after meal care; report changes in members eating habits and record food/fluid intake
- C.N.A. ensures that member’s rooms are clean, sanitary and safe
- Adheres to all aspects of the written Oak Hammock Members Rights Program
- C.N.A. continuously follows company procedures to include, but not limited to: risks and prevention of infectious disease; proper hand washing techniques; proper and safe use of work tools, equipment and other procedures; proper use of personal protective equipment; hazard communications program; safety, universal precautions/blood borne pathogens programs
- Attends and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes as well as to maintain your license on a current status. Attend department, in-service and company meetings as scheduled
- As needed, communicate with members in order to resolve problems/complaints in a timely and effective manner that facilitates a high level of member care
- C.N.A. assists other employees in lifting and/or carrying unusually large or heavy objects, including with up to 1-2 times each shift, in a manner that complies with company safety procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of members’ PHI (Protected Health Information) and medical records information as well. This position is classified as a level 4 in the ePhi Access Group levels.
- This position is considered to be an essential role and the incumbent may be required to work during emergency situations including natural disasters.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Florida Licensed Certified Nursing Assistant
- Prefer a minimum of 6 months experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be empathetic, energetic and able to work with a diverse senior population
- All applicants must successfully pass a drug screen and Level II background check