Oak Hammock at the University of Florida is no ordinary retirement community. We have totally reinvented the concept by creating an innovative community focused on lifelong learning, fitness, and health. Situated in a picturesque, resort-style environment, enhanced by intellectual stimulation and interesting neighbors, and energized by our unique university affiliation, Oak Hammock is a retirement destination where life, learning, and nature meet.
Oak Hammock is resident-centered care and we ensure that residents have the option to enjoy a rich and stimulating social life. Oak Hammock is committed to creating a positive community experience for every resident, which does not end if you or your loved one were to need long-term care services. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. You will be part of a uniquely supportive community where we care for residents and each other. We offer competitive pay, rewards, and excellent benefits to help you live your best. You can grow both personally and professionally and achieve your career goals.
Our Full-Time Benefits Include:
- Health, dental, & vision
- 401k with company match
- LTD, STD, & ADD insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Comprehensive On-boarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
- Floating & paid holidays
- Employee recognition incentives
- Gator 1 card for special discounts
- EAP assistance
As an organization poised for additional growth, we offer many different career paths to help you achieve your professional goals. So, refer a friend and receive a referral bonus. You can help us build a great team!
- Assists in transporting laundry containers of soiled linen and clean linen carts
- Operates commercial and residential washing machines and dryers
- Performs specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments
- Coordinates daily laundry services with housekeeping services, dining services and the services of the Health Center
- Maintains assigned work area in a clean, safe, sanitary and attractive manner
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies
- Assures that established Universal Precautions are maintained when performing laundry procedures
- Collects and sorts soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., and places in appropriate containers or assigned areas
- Separates those items that require special stain removal or treatment
- Washes soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc., in accordance with established procedures
- Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., to residents
- During emergency conditions, assures that clean laundry, linen, garments, etc., are distributed to designated areas as instructed
- Discards waste or trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles with plastic liners
- Reports all hazardous conditions or equipment to the Housekeeping Manager
- Cleans and properly stores laundry equipment at the end of the shift
- Keeps Housekeeping Manager informed of supply needs
- Reports equipment malfunctions or breakdowns to the Housekeeping Manager as soon as possible
- Assures that the assigned supply of linen is maintained in Health Center closets
- Turns in all found articles to the Housekeeping Manager
- May perform duties of housekeeper during lulls, as directed by Housekeeping Manager
- Maintains confidentiality of members’ PHI (Protected Health Information) and medical records information as well. This position is classified as a level 5 in the ePhi Access Group levels.
- This position is considered to be an essential role and the incumbent may be required to work during emergency situations including natural disasters.
- Minimum 8th grade education; high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand printed instructions for the use of chemicals and cleaning agents
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- This individual will need to be empathetic, energetic and have an affinity for working with a diverse senior population.
- All applicants must successfully pass a drug screen and Level II background check