Security Officer Full-time
Oak Hammock at the University of Florida is no ordinary retirement community. We have totally reinvented the concept by creating an innovative community focused on lifelong learning, fitness, and health. Situated in a picturesque, resort-style environment, enhanced by intellectual stimulation and interesting neighbors, and energized by our unique university affiliation, Oak Hammock is a retirement destination where life, learning, and nature meet.
We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. Do you appreciate working with others as a team to provide the very best care in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a high level of energy? Are you flexible and reliable? If yes, then we need to talk! Our residents look forward to the best care and that starts with you!
Our Full-Time Benefits Include:
- Health, dental & vision
- 401k with company match
- LTD, STD & ADD insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
- Floating & paid holidays
- Employee recognition incentives
- Gator 1 card for special discounts
- EAP assistance
- Security Officer is responsible for staffing the Gate House post during assigned shift
- Security Officer monitors emergency calls from community members and ensures that calls are promptly responded to by assigned nurse staff, security patrol, and/or maintenance personnel
- Security Officer monitors smoke, fire, and burglar alarm annunciation panels and ensures that all calls are promptly responded to by assigned security patrol and/or maintenance personnel
- Security Officer screens incoming non-community member traffic and meets with unauthorized persons to determine their need for accessing campus, routes them, or telephones police for assistance depending on circumstances
- Security Officer monitors video screens and intercoms with feeds coming from various locations on campus
- Security Officer performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submits to the Security Supervisor daily
- Security Officer periodically tours building and grounds, examining doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure and not tampered with
- Security Officer reports any unusual conditions or malfunctioning of lights, heating, plumbing, air conditioning, or electrical systems.
- Security Officer checks cars for parking authorization decals to determine if vehicles are parked in restricted areas, such as near fire hydrants, in driveways, ambulance entrance, or reserved parking
- Security Officer escorts personnel to and from parking lots or between buildings, as necessary
- Security Officer keeps a log of major incidents during tour of duty, and generates written incident reports as required
- Security Officer maintains confidentiality of members’ PHI (Protected Health Information) and medical records information as well. This position is classified as a level 5 in the ePhi Access Group levels.
- This position is an essential role and the incumbent will be required to work during emergency situations including natural disasters.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a firefighter, police officer, or security officer is preferred
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and be able to operate a golf cart
- Requires a basic knowledge of and ability to use a computer
- Must possess a polite and friendly demeanor when interacting with, employees, residents, and the public
- This individual will need to be empathetic, energetic, and have an affinity for working with a diverse senior population
- All applicants must successfully pass a drug screen and Level II background check.