|Position: Teacher Aide- Goedert Center|
|Job Id: 580|
|# of Openings: 0|
STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Teacher Aide (Student Worker) in Early Childhood Center
DEPARTMENT: Rose K. Goedert Center
REPORTS TO: Center Director
HOURS NEEDED PER WEEK: Shifts Vary.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
PRIMARY PURPOSE/POSITION SUMMARY:
To assist the classroom teachers in providing a warm nurturing environment in which the children can grow physically, emotionally and intellectually.
JOB COMPONENTS//PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Help teachers maintain a productive learning environment in the classroom
2. Help teachers maintain cleanliness in the classrooms i.e. cleaning tables, sweeping
3. Know where the children you are responsible for are at all times
4. Supervise indoor and outdoor play
4. Read and interact with the children to promote learning
5. Occasionally assist parents with questions regarding their child’s day. Parents should be directed to full time teaching staff when available
6. Performs other duties as requested, delegated or assigned
BASIC COMPETENCIES: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities)
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|